About the project
Project Name: Digital Immunization Passport
Human-centric Vaccination & Immunization Management using Verifiable Credentials
Team: Christoph Fabianek, Eduard Gringinger, Fajar Juang Ekaputra, Mathias Müller, Gabriel Unterholzer, Paul Knowles, Philippe Page, Robert Mitwicki, Meri Seistola
Currently, vaccination and immunization information are spread over different organizations like labs and hospitals as well as pharmaceutical companies together with government agencies. A patient usually only has a paper certificate that provides vaccination treatments with often difficult to read handwritten additional information. In our proposed solution we will develop an end-to-end data flow that:
– connects to various immunization information providers,
– aggregates, harmonizes, and semantically annotates the data,
– makes this data-set available in an open format accessible for Personal Data Stores (PDS), compliant to the MyData Operator guidelines,
– provide a human-centric data management platform for health information,
allows to prove immunization status through Verifiable Credentials, and
– packages selected health data for processing by 3rd parties together with a well-defined usage policy and a provenance trail.
The main focus of this project is on Data Interoperability & Compatibility through establishing interfaces between health industry and individuals as well as pushing forward on standardized interfaces for PDSs. Additionally, we address Data Transparency (Usage Policies and Data Provenance in Semantic Containers) and Security & Privacy (by applying blockchain technology and digital watermarking on data sharing).
More information: https://www.ownyourdata.eu/en/dip/